By Gyatrul Rinpoche
E-book through Rinpoche, Gyatrul
Read Online or Download Ancient Wisdom: Nyingma Teachings of Dream Yoga, Mediatation & Transformation PDF
Similar consciousness & thought books
When you consider that Freud's earliest psychoanalytic theorization round the starting of the 20 th century, the idea that of the subconscious has exerted an incredible impression upon psychoanalysis and psychology, and literary, severe and social thought. but, sooner than Freud, the idea that of the subconscious already possessed a fancy family tree in nineteenth-century German philosophy and literature, starting with the aftermath of Kant's serious philosophy and the origins of German idealism, and increasing into the discourses of romanticism and past.
During this ebook, Vasubandhu's vintage paintings Refutation of the idea of a Self is translated and supplied with an creation and observation. the interpretation, the 1st right into a smooth Western language from the Sanskrit textual content, is meant to be used by means of those that desire to start a cautious philosophical examine of Indian Buddhist theories of folks.
In Rediscovering colours: A research in Pollyanna Realism, Michael Watkins endorses the Moorean view that shades are basic, non-reducible, homes of items. therefore, Watkins breaks from what has turn into the acquired view that both colours are reducible to convinced homes of curiosity to technological know-how, in any other case not anything is de facto coloured.
A phenomenological account of spatial belief in terms of the lived physique. The experience of area brings jointly area and physique to teach that house is a plastic setting, charged with that means, that displays the specified personality of human embodiment within the complete variety of its relocating, perceptual, emotional, expressive, developmental, and social capacities.
- The Basic Problems of Phenomenology: From the Lectures, Winter Semester, 1910-1911
- The Physical Dimensions of Consciousness
- Ideology and False Consciousness: Marx and His Historical Progenitors
- Being as Consciousness: Yogacara Philosophy of Buddhism
- Passion's Triumph over Reason: A History of the Moral Imagination from Spenser to Rochester
- The Physiology of Truth: Neuroscience and Human Knowledge
Additional resources for Ancient Wisdom: Nyingma Teachings of Dream Yoga, Mediatation & Transformation
2. New questions. 3. The inappropliateness or illegitimacy of old questions. With 1 we learn that the wrong answer has been given to an old question: we uncover an error of commission in our previous ques tion-answering endeavors. With 2 we discover that there are certain questions which have not heretofore been posed at all: we uncover an error of omission in our former question-asking endeavors. Finally, with 3 we find that one has asked the wrong question altogether: we uncover an error of commission in our former question-asking endeavors, which are now seen to rest on incorrect presuppositions (and are thus generally bound up with type 1 discoveries).
While ignorance is indeed here to stay, it will never block the path tO progress. And so, while our cognitive limitedness as finite beings is real enough, there nevertheless are no boundaries-no determinate lim its-tO the manifold of discoverable fact. And here Kant was right. For while the cognitive range of finite beings is indeed limited, it is also boundless because it is not limited in a way that blocks the pros pect of cognitive access tO ever new and ongoingly more informa tive facts that afford us an ever ampler and more adequate account of reality!
But are there such unanswerable questions? To begin with, there is the prospect of what might be called the weak limitation inherent in the circumstance that there are certain issues on its agenda that sci ence cannot resolve now. However, this condition of weak limitation is perfectly compatible with the circumstance that every question that can be raised at this stage will eventually be answered at a future junc ture. And so, a contrasting way in which the question-resolving ca pacity of our knowledge may be limited can envisage the more dras tic situation: strong-limitation (the existence of insolubilia).
Ancient Wisdom: Nyingma Teachings of Dream Yoga, Mediatation & Transformation by Gyatrul Rinpoche